In the modern era of economic globalization, it is often impossible to preserve high efficiency and competitiveness of business without pooling of capital and technology. It is for this reason that more and more companies resort to pooling their efforts voluntarily or, if necessary, in order to achieve the best performance and optimize business processes. The merger of companies of any size, regardless of their sphere of activities, is always accompanied by a merger or acquisition process that is inevitable from the legal side. The vast majority of transactions for the purchase or sale of business assets are mergers or acquisitions by their nature.
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) is a complex of transformations in the result of which a new company is obtained (merger) or one of the existing companies is consolidated (acquisition), when a larger and more expensive company acquires shares of a smaller one. The goal of both mergers and acquisitions is to increase the total value of assets through synergy – the advantages of joint activities.
Having conducted more than 30 M&A transactions, the team of lawyers and attorneys of the Law Firm “Dominanta” has considerable experience and provides qualified legal services in this segment that are guaranteed to satisfy all your wishes and interests. The M&A procedure includes the following services from our lawyers:
- participation in negotiations between the parties and documenting preliminary agreements (agreement of intent, letter of intent, memorandum of understanding);
- preparation of non-disclosure agreements (NDA) (confidentiality agreements) and agreements on the procedure of negotiations;
- conduct of due diligence of a business or individual assets included in the subject matter of a transaction by our lawyers;
- structuring of transactions and optimization of associated costs;
- analysis of tax risks and tax planning of transactions;
- preparation and coordination of the necessary legal documentation for processing a transaction with all interested parties, including contracts for the sale and purchase of real estate, shares (interests), agreements of shareholders (participants), guarantees, representations and obligations for the compensation of losses;
- control over compliance with corporate and antitrust procedures required for approval of a transaction;
- legal and organizational support of transactions;
- support of closing and execution of transactions until the state registration of the transfer of ownership and the conduct of all mutual settlements.
When accompanying merger and acquisition processes, the lawyers of Law Firm “Dominanta” pay special attention to compliance with antitrust law requirements. Violations in this area committed during the transaction may have significant negative consequences for all interested parties up to the recognition of agreements as invalid.
The lawyers of Law Firm “Dominanta” have a wealth of experience in the field of mergers and acquisitions, including the conduct of pre-investment studies (Due diligence) and comprehensive support of the process of concluding large transactions. This enables our team to provide services as quickly and effectively as possible, whereby you can focus on core business and investing without being distracted by legal and organizational issues. The experts of Law Firm “Dominanta” are constantly improving their skills and the company is a reliable partner of your business.